Thursday, January 14, 2016

New cam


So I got my son an ion Air Pro camera for his birthday. I'm actually probably going to use it as much as he will. He really wanted one last year for Christmas but I was unwilling to spend $300 for it. But around last Thanksgiving I was wandering the aisles at walmart and stopped at the GoPro display. Then I noticed three boxes of Air Pros on the bottom shelf. I was stunned at the price. They had been marked down to $39.99!

I asked the sales associate what the deal was. Last year they cost upwards of $300 and now they were priced at less then $40?  She said they were a Black Friday special and those were what was left. I had researched this item and knew it was a good camera. I figured $40 was not a big risk. So I snagged it. 

So far the thing is pretty impressive. WiFi connectivity allows you to download videos from the camera to your phone. I haven't mounted it to the bike yet but I look forward to testing it out on the road. I also hope to use it while skiing or hiking or whatever. So far the quality of video has been very good.