Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Last Days...


The Last Day of the FSA Dynamo. Last Saturday the league had trophy presentation ceremonies for each age group. It was a bittersweet day knowing that the Dynamo are breaking up. Four of the members are going all in for Academy soccer and leaving the Rec league altogether. The coach is giving up the reins since his son is one of those moving on. JDW wasn't really interested in Academy at this point. I was asked to consider coaching but my son wants to give baseball a shot in the fall. Most likely the other boys will thrown into the league draft and scattered to new teams. 

My son was one of three left from the original Dynamo. They played six seasons together (not including indoor seasons). That's three years. We had a great coach and great parent support. Players transferred to our team because of the Dynamo's reputation...not for winning...but for being a good, supportive team. I will miss those Saturdays on the soccer field.

But we are giving baseball a shot. My son's been dying to try it. We've been playing catch almost every night the past week. And my son says if he doesn't like baseball he'll go back to soccer. Being a baseball fan and having played as a kid I'm excited as well. But still, just a little sad about moving on from the Dynamo.

Go Go Dynamo!