Friday, March 28, 2014

Stars

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere ad nauseam. I know the five point star is a universal symbol and used everywhere. But I couldn't help to notice the striking similarity between the stars pictured above. The red star on the left is from a photo I took of a MiG-17 Russian fighter plane (mentioned in an earlier post). The star on the right is obviously the logo of the Dallas Cowboys. The only difference between the communist star of the Soviet Union and the star of "America's Team" is the color.

The Cowboys came into existence in the early 1960's during the height of the Cold War. You're telling me someone didn't notice this in the design process of creating the Cowboys logo? Surely there's a story there. I'm not much of a Cowboys historian so maybe the stories about this similarity are exhaustive and I just haven't been exposed to them. Just weird.