Monday, April 22, 2013

Are you truly pro-life?



If you are pro-life then I urge you to read this article by author Donald Miller. The article is excellent and long overdue. One of the statements that resonates with me is Miller's contention that if your church is not consistently discussing adoption then your church is not truly "wholistically pro-life."

I am so sick of self-righteous prigs pontificating about pro-life issues without any word about adoption or the support of adoption agencies or agencies that provide support for women in difficult situations involving unwanted pregancies. The Church should be on the frontlines in supporting adoption initiatives not only because it reflects the compassion of Jesus Christ but also because adoption mirrors the spiritual adoption we experience once we are saved by the grace of God.

Personally I am a believer in a total pro-life ethic. I'm against capital punishment for the same reason I'm against abortion, guns and war. You cannot convince me that Christ would ever support anything that would end the life of one His creations.

If the link above does not work, direct your brower to:  http://storylineblog.com/2013/04/22/talking-points-for-the-pro-life-movement/