Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stoved Up


A few years ago I learned that in Texas when one is incapacitated due to sickness or injury you are "stoved up." I am definitely stoved up. The third day after my surgery (today) has been the worst. Half my face looked like Richard Nixon's...all jowly and swollen. The pain isn't bad because I'm on serious pain meds for the next few days. Which basically renders me useless. I get dizzy when I attempt to walk around. So I am pretty bored. But the doctor says everything is going according to plan and I should be back to normal in a few days.

You can see that in my forced free time I finally have made some updates to the old Internet Lounge. I've added my twitter feed to the front page. Yes, I finally broke down. Once I had internet access on my phone I decided to tweet. You can also see a few pics from my flickr site to the right without having to actually go to the site. I'm sure more changes will be in order depending on how long I'm laid low by hydrocodone. It's about time. I haven't made any changes to the template and design to my blog since I started it five years ago.

I have also been able to keep minute by minute tabs on the debt ceiling crisis. What idiocy on both sides. I want to vote them all, Democrats and Republicans, outta there. Ridiculous posturing that jeopardized my savings bonds! I emailed and tweeted all my reps with groggy exhortations to man up and get something done. I'm sure my pain med fueled rants made the difference.

Photo: Me and JDW lobbying at the Texas State Capitol in Austin