Saturday, February 19, 2011

Whimsy or Self-delusion?

Some random thoughts...

Occam's Razor is too complicated.

Patriarch Nikon of Moscow thought the Old Belief movement sucked because it was led by Avvakum.

Gov. Rick Perry is a sleaze and liar. Says Texas is leading the way, once ran Al Gore's campaign in Texas, switched sides, now says he's a Tea Partier but accepts Obama's stimulus money. Get's re-elected (second longest term only to Hosni Mubarak) then it turns out there's a $25 billion budget shortfall in Texas. Yes that said billion. Now school districts have frozen hiring even though more kids are entering the system. Meanwhile Gov. Goodhair lives in multi-million penthouse while the Gov's mansion gets renovated and takes trips to the Bahamas. Punk.

In 2011 I have only worked one five-day week since coming back from Christmas Break. Due to wind and snow and ice and flex days. I dig it the most. Good for my morale.

Student tried a jedi mind trick on me (said, "Mr. White, these aren't the droids you're looking for."). It didn't work because I'm a Jedi Master and know all the tricks.

Got an A on my first analysis paper last week for my SMU Master's course even though the Prof said hardly anyone gets an A on the first draft. I was superstoked although the 25 page monster that looms at the end of the semester still keeps me up at night. The paper was a...never mind I'll make a boring post out of it. Oops...another unproper use of an ellipses.

JDW announced two goals for the KHS Lady Soccer team the other night. They allowed him on the field for warmups and allowed him to practice shooting goals with the G/K.

Yes, I played one Lady Gaga song at halftime but that's only to appeal to my base. I quickly followed that up with The Ramones. So are we good? Besides if Dr. Rieghard likes Gaga than who am I to judge?

I am webmastering the new church website. dallascentralchurch.org. check it out.

Bye.
photo: JDW giving me the beat down in the snow.