Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Final Thoughts on the NBA Finals

Don't worry, this has not intentionally become a sports themed blog. There's just a lot going on with the World Cup and the NBA Finals. Boom! As I write this Portugal has just scored a goal against Mexico.

I may have to stop watching sports altogether if my blood pressure continues to rise after watching corrupt officials in both the NBA and FIFA. Dwayne Wade drew a foul anytime he touched the ball and what about that mysterious no-call on his blatant back court violation right before he charged for the winning basket in Game 5? There are so many instances to mention I won't waste my time since they won't make a whit of difference.

But more than the refs the Mavs have themselves to blame for an enormous meltdown. Nowitski disappeared when needed most. He was solid...but legends are more than solid...they're clutch and he showed no guts during clutch time. Jason Terry was clutch. Josh Howard was lunch. And I believe Mark Cuban has every right to defend his team without being fined by the totalitarian NBA.

Mexico is getting jobbed. They just got called for a penalty in the box that was totally un-called for. Portugal is lining up for the free kick...boom...goal. Portugal is up 2-0. The Tri-Colores is getting hosed. And I was rooting for Portugal.

One last thing before I close this post...Dwayne Wade is a shiester, a baby, and a fraud. He flops on the ground more than Vlade Divac ever did. The refs fall for it every time. He gets more calls than Shaq or Jordan ever did.

Wow...Mexico is self-destructing...they just got a yellow card for slamming their cleats in the thigh of one of the Portuguese. I need to stop watching sports. Whoa!...Mexico just scored on a corner kick...in the 29th minute. 2-1. Maybe there's hope. I guess I'll keep watching.